When you are gone

white deaf  cat




I wonder what it will be like when you are gone?
What will my days look like then?
What will it be like when you are no longer here to follow me around?
And that day that you leave...
What will it be like for you?
What will it be like for me?
What will I do when you are no longer here for me to talk to?
How will I ever get through the night without having you to fight off all of the bad things?

My little warrior...

You have saved me from the dark so many times.
You have fought so many of my battles.
Will I be up to fighting yours?
Or will I fall apart when you need me the most?
Too many questions I suppose...
Questions that won't get answered until I no longer need to wonder.

People say "Don't think about that now".

But I love you and part of loving you means that I have to be prepared.

Because I can't ever let you down...

Because you have never let me down.

But I am scared of what it will be like when you are gone.

Model is Mikey
Mikey's House

3 comments

  1. Sending love to you both; I know you'll do right by Mikey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I am home once again with my Sweet 🐼 Panda right next to me. I am reading all these beautiful posts, that are coming from deep within your heart.
    This is exactly what I don't want to think of. ALL your Mikey and Jennifer posts and photos are so special. The two of you, go together like peanut butter and Jelly. YOUR in separable . And you Jennifer will be with Mikey thru any and every parts of Life that crosses you path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your post on Quora, love your work & decided to be a creep 🙃😇 but seriously I teared up reading this as my Binx rests his head on my thigh… Mikey is with your son in heaven ❤️

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram