Mikey

 






I remember when Mikey was younger...I would pray each night for him to be healthy, 

I would ask for him to have a long and happy life... 


I would ask God for everything that we have right now.


I know there are so many people that never get the chance to watch their kitties grow old, I know how lucky we are and how lucky we have been.


It doesn't seem right to keep asking God for more time. 


But I still ask.


He's almost 18 years old and thats a long time but I could have another 20 and I would still ask for more. 


I know that no matter how long he lives it wont be long enough. 


So that's why we have to cuddle bug every chance we get. 


Thats why when I walk past him and he looks up at me and meows, I always stop to give him kisses no matter what. 


It's why I don't leave him for long and if I'm going to be gone for any length of time, he goes with me.


I don't want to miss anything at all.


Every day of his life holds meaning for me and I want to make sure I'm here for everything. 


And I want his life to be full, so when he has a request, I make it happen, whether its going for a ride in his stroller or sunbathing, or eating his bamboo, we are there, we do what Mikey wants to do. 


Is it over the top? Probably. 


But he is worth the effort and we are making memories that I will carry with me until the day that I die so I'm going to need as many as I can make. 


I know I will need them.


Model is Mikey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram